#216 new

Plist parser fails on IE8 when there's no DTD header in XML

Reported by Farcaller | February 9th, 2009 @ 10:09 AM

I'm trying to parse a XML string (provided from xslt conversion) in IE8. It doesn't contain DTD header, but starts directly with "<?xml version".

First problem I encountered was that Objective-J.js at line 844 removes 6 characters from the start making xml document not a xml document any more, thus I changed it to read:


at this point XMLNode seemed to load my string without any problems, but it dies on the next loop:

while (((String(XMLNode.nodeName)) == XML_DOCUMENT) || ((String(XMLNode.nodeName)) == XML_XML))
    XMLNode = (XMLNode.firstChild);

first node (XMLNode) is XML_DOCUMENT. It's firstChild is XML_XML. But plist is not firstChild of XML_XML but rather nextSibling.

if I set XMLNode to plist node it continues from this point without any problem.

PS: WebKit handles same xml string without any problem (tested on Chrome, Safari, nightly WebKit).

Comments and changes to this ticket

Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile ยป

The Cappuccino Web Framework, including AppKit, Foundation, and Objective-J.

Shared Ticket Bins

People watching this ticket